IRISH SMOKY MASH
1. Bring a large pot of salted water with your potatoes to a boil (add the potatoes as the water heats up). Once boiling, set a timer for 12 minutes. The potatoes are done when you can stab them with a knife and they fall off on their own.
2. Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C).
3. Prepare your vegetables by cutting them as shown. Finely chop the parsley and save it for garnish at the end.
4.Transfer your chickpeas to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place them in the oven to cook for 15 minutes.
5.Heat a large saucepan with a splash of oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in your cabbage and cook for another 3 minutes. Then, add your kale and stir quickly for just two minutes. Set the vegetables aside and use the same pan for your mushrooms.
6. Add another small splash of oil and your mushrooms to the pan, and cook for 2 minutes. Add in your mushroom mix and cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until most of it is absorbed or thickened up to a glaze-like consistency.
7. Strain your potatoes. Mix the shallots, cabbage, kale, potatoes, and mashed potato mix together, stirring until fully incorporated.
8. Assemble your plate with potatoes on the bottom, followed by chickpeas, topped with your mushrooms, and garnished with parsley. Enjoy!
9. Assemble your plate with potatoes on the bottom, followed by chickpeas, topped with your mushrooms, and garnished with parsley. Enjoy!
10. Enjoy! 😊🌸🌿