RED LENTIL DAHL
1. In a pot, bring 2.5 cups of water + a pinch of salt + your your lentils up to a boil. Once boiling, turn down to a medium heat and let cook for ~ 8 minutes.
In a separate pot, bring 1.5 cups of water + your rice + a pinch of salt up to a boil. Once boiling, turn down to simmer, cover and let sit for ~12 minutes.
2. Pre heat your oven to 375F. Once hot add in your flatbread and let cook for ~ 6 minutes.
2. Give your vegetables a wash and then dice your shallot, Roma tomato and chop your cilantro.
3. Bring a large sauce pan + a splash of oil to medium-high heat. When hot add in your ginger & garlic mix + your diced shallot and cook for ~4 minutes, just until it starts to brown slightly. Next add in your roma tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes. When ready, add in your lentils to your pan + 1/4 cup of water + your spinach and cook for another 5-6 minutes, until the spinach has softened and the mix has thickened up. If you want it thicker cook longer and if it seems to thick don;t be afraid to add in some water.
4. Transfer to a bowl. Rice on the bottom, then your lentil mix on top! Garnish with your cilantro, sour cream & flatbread.
5. Enjoy! 😊🌸🌿