we noticed an error where pictures don't match instructions. please just read carefully and will adjust photo! apologies for the inconvenience!
1. Pre heat oven to 400F.
2. Bring a medium-large pot of water with a pinch of salt to a boil. Once boiling, add in your pasta and let it cook for approximately 10 minutes. Before straining, reserve 1/3 cup of pasta water for later use. Strain the pasta and set it aside.
3. Prepare your vegetables by cutting them as indicated. Form your meatballs into small, equal portions. Think bite size.
4. Transfer your meatballs to a lined baking sheet and let cook in the oven for ~10 minutes to brown on the outside. *****
5. Heat a large pan with a splash of oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add your mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes until they brown around the edges. Next, add in your meatballs from the oven and let cook 2-3 minutes. When ready, add your stroganoff sauce, the reserved 1/3 cup of pasta water (if you forgot, just add 1/4 cup of regular water), and the shell pasta. Let it cook until the sauce thickens and clings to the noodles, approximately 4 minutes.
6. To serve, place the pasta in a bowl and garnish with parsley, a drizzle of sour cream, and a pinch of salt and pepper.