ISREALI SALAD + BABA GHANOUSH
1. Pre heat your oven to 375F. Dice your shallot and transfer to a lined baking sheet along with the marinated chickpeas and place in the oven to cook for ~18 minutes.
2. Bring a sauce pan or pot (something that can be covered) + 1 tbsp of oil up to medium high heat. Meanwhile bring at least 1.25 cups of water up to a boil in a kettle. Once hot add in your cous- cous and toast for 3-5 minutes until it starts to brown. Next add in just over 1 cup (1.12 cup to be exact) bring down to medium low heat, stir and then cover and let sit for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes remove lid and continue to cook to until all water has been absorbed.
3. Remove your veggies and cut as shown below.
3. In a bowl combine your cucumber + tomato + shallot + parsley + juice of 1/2 lemon & a pinch of salt and pepper
4. Build your bowl! cous cous on the bottom and topped with your chickpeas + veggie mix and top with your zucchini babaganoush.
5. Enjoy! 😋 👌