BBQ Jackfruit Mac & Cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water + a pinch of salt up to a boil. Once boiling add in your pasta and let cook for ~11 minutes or until the pasta is no longer ‘crunchy’ to taste. Strain and set aside.
***Keep 1/3 cup of pasta water off to the side before straining****
2. Cut your green onion into small thin slices.
3. Bring a small pan + a splash of oil up to medium high heat. Once hot add in your Jackfruit and let cook for approx. 12 minutes or until starting to brown. You can always use a fork to shred your jackfruit a little more :)
4. Bring a large pan + a splash of oil up to medium high heat. Once hot add in your sauce and cook for 2 minutes. Next add in your pasta & your pasta water (if your forgot just use 1/4 cup regular water). Mix thoroughly until the sauce is thick enough to cling to the pasta ~ 4 minutes.
5. To serve, place the pasta in a bowl, top with your jackfruit and then garnish with your green onion & mtl steak spice.